Friday, February 4, 2011

Lingo

Everyone who's been in a kitchen knows there's a unique language between the chefs. This is the beginner's guide to the lingo thrown about. Most are totally immature. 

mustard - bastard, balsamic vinaigrette - bal sac, aioli - a hole, nuker/juke - microwave, get the glutes - gluten free thing, drop/dunk it - deep fry, jane - no sides or toppings, colour - done to order, poke - knife, all day - everything on the board, tits - chicken breasts. It's always fun to yell "bring me more bal sac" to a new waitress. Especially when things get busy on the line. 

1 comment:

  1. I would have grabbed your bal sac and said here it is chef...which is why I work in my own kitchen, in my own little house..
    where I'm making the worlds finest pot of chili..

    ReplyDelete